Escape Together: 5 Reasons You Should Get Away TogetherApr 25, 2023
If you have been around us very long, been to an Ultimate Date Night Show, attended a Celebrate Your Marriage Conference, or read on of our books, you have heard us say, "Get away a get ahead"! We are believers in couples getting away together for many reasons!
- Rekindling the romance: Over time, the spark of romance can fizzle out in a marriage due to the demands of daily life. Taking a trip together can you and your spouse rediscover the passion you had when you first fell in love.
- Quality time: In today's fast-paced world, it's easy for you to get caught up in work and other responsibilities, leaving little time for each other. A getaway provides an opportunity for you and your spouse to spend quality time together, without distractions.
- Strengthening the bond: Going on a trip together can strengthen your marital bond by providing shared experiences and memories that you can look back on in the future.
- Relaxation: Getting away from the stress of daily life can be rejuvenating for both of you. It allows you to relax and unwind, which can help to reduce any tension and conflict in your relationship.
- Adventure: Traveling together can also provide an opportunity for you to try new things and have new experiences together. This can help to keep your relationship fresh and exciting.
When we first started Celebrate Your Marriage at Sea, I, Laura, agreed to do one adventure activity on every cruise we took. I have snorkeled, parasailed, climbed Dunn River Falls, and many other adventure type activities. But one derailed me!
On one of our cruises, there was a high ropes course on the ship. We decided together that completing the course would be our adventure activity for this cruise. We checked it our during the day, but the line was so long that we decide to come back after dinner and make it happen! One problem: after dinner it was dark and we were in the middle of the ocean! The boat was rocking! Needless to say, I went up the first high rope and turned around and came right back down! Let me insert here that I am afraid of heights!
It is a memory we will never forget!
Taking a trip together can be a great way for married couples to connect, relax, and have fun together. It can help to keep the romance alive and strengthen their bond over time.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.